Saturday, December 26, 2009

Why is my motorcycle spitting out all the oil?

I know there s a major problem, just not sure what it is. txWhy is my motorcycle spitting out all the oil?
Oh who knows, so I'll just tell you about my 1985 Yamaha Virago 700.





My Yamaha Virago loses oil from three places.


1. From the rear cylinder rear valve adjuster cover. I could fix that with a new O-ring.


2. From the left side of the engine. This is caused by the left side engine gasket being installed improperly. That's beyond my expertise to fix, and beyond my budget to want to, but basically the left side of the engine would have to be taken off, the surfaces polished, and a new gasket installed.


3. From a stripped hex-screw mount that holds the engine together. I can't fix that. I could probably whittle a piece of tire rubber to fit in the hole, though. Might help. Might not.Why is my motorcycle spitting out all the oil?
What year and model of motorcycle? where's the oil coming from? Upper half or lower half? Left or right side? Front or back?





Could be something as simple as a leaky gasket between the side case and the block or something as complex as a cracked head. We'll need more info to get you a decent response
Split / Broken Gasket.





You can use gasket sealant on the place it's spitting it out, it'll hold ok for a cheap quick fix.





Or take apart the place where it's spitting and put a proper gasket on.
Check your oil lines - oil filter is tight - the oil tank for holes - plus all the gaskets with spray talc.
I hate to use all caps, but since you didn't respond to Daniel's answer, I'm going to ask. WHERE IS THE OIL COMING FROM?





We can't identify the problem unless we know all the information.
possible cracked inner primary or blown rings if its coming out the exhaust i would definitely get it to a shop
Where is it coming from? Before you fork over the dough, make sure you're not overfilling it.
put the drain plug back in.
Need more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment