Saturday, December 26, 2009

I worry about sabotage, someone adding sand in the oil cap on my motorcycle engine, how can I lock it?

My motorcycle has a gas cap lock, but no oil cap lock.


I am worried that someone can remove the oil cap and fill it up with sand or dirt without me knowing and cause serious harm to my engine.


I thought about doing this to someones Harley, that gave me that idea and made me worry about someone doing that to my bike.


How can i install a lock on the engine oil cap or my engine?I worry about sabotage, someone adding sand in the oil cap on my motorcycle engine, how can I lock it?
They do make them, found a website below (UK) that sells them so it wouldn't be hard to imagine that they have them in the US. I have never met a person who would take it out on someones ride (car, bike, whatever) without confronting the person first. If you have an issue with a person confront them and not their ride, that is a pretty low thing to do.I worry about sabotage, someone adding sand in the oil cap on my motorcycle engine, how can I lock it?
Always give year, make, engine size and model # when asking questions. We need all of that info to give an informed answer.


Most bikes have a standard cap.


Some Jap bikes have a flat plug requiring a screw driver to open it.





If your bike has a standard type metal cap, drill a hole (off set) through the handle.


Install a metal ring (like one used on a key chain).


Give it a spot weld so it wont move.


Chain %26amp; lock it to the frame.


If the engine has a plastic cap, buy an aftermarket chrome cap.
gee a stupid question from a stupid person named bart AGAIN stop being a dick and you shouldn't have to worry about someone putting sand in . but since you thought of doing it to someone elses bike shows what a true pussy you are you got a problem with someone take it face to face only pussy's try to hurt objects and not the person get a fricken life
I don't recommend that you try to lock the oil cap, first of all, I don't think it's even possible, and it's a bit drastic. In my opinion, the best thing to do is just keep it in a safe place, like a locked garage with some kind of security, like an alarm.





Man, you are pretty paranoid.
you dont even have a bike,and on a harley,the filter would take care of the sand before it got to the engine,cant say that would happen on japp junk.


if you had a bike,i'd use paint stripper all over it,and in your crank,posmf.
';I thought about doing this to someones Harley, that gave me that idea and made me worry about someone doing that to my bike.';


Hmm...ever hear of Karma?


Maybe if you weren't such an irritating POS, you wouldn't HAVE to worry about it.
Just install a ring on cap and if there isn't something nearby, install a ring nearby and use one of those plastic seals they sell at truck stops. You don't have to lock it, just have to know if someone has had it open.
Why would you want to put sand in someones crankcase? That makes no sense. If you are being truthful then you really need to seek some professional help. You just ain't right.
If your personality in real life is as dickariffic as you are here I would be very worried about that happening.
I don't understand how the people that moderate these forums don't ban this kid. It's to the point that even when he's offering 'normal' advice he still gets 8 thumbs down...just for being him.
You really are a punk aren't you? I'd be more worried about the serious harm that's obviously been done to your brain.
Someone lock this kid up. Please? (Preferably in a jail cell with 15 angry Hell's Angels guys.)
I hope somebody does put sand in your oil. What a piece of work you are. Your parents must be so proud.
you are such a scumbag I hope somebody does worse to you and your wannabe bike.I would help them.
I would just sit next to the bike with a shotgun 24 hours a day 7 days a week. They are all out to get you!
get a life...........remember what goes around comes around....maybe you should be ridding a bicycle not a motorcycle
Rudy H. took the words out of my mouth.
a mind is a terrible thing to waste...
can't help it can you!

No comments:

Post a Comment