Saturday, December 26, 2009

Can I mix 20w50 oil with 10w40 in my motorcycle?

I have a 1984 Honda Nighthawk 700S that is about 1 quart low. I need to top off the oil and the only motorcycle oil the local parts store has is conventional 20w50 and synthetic 10w40. Can I mix either one of these with the conventional 10w40 that's already in the bike?Can I mix 20w50 oil with 10w40 in my motorcycle?
Actually the 20w50 might be a welcome treat for the 1984 700s...any oil is better than running dry.Can I mix 20w50 oil with 10w40 in my motorcycle?
I am laughing at previous answer.





The answer is, of course you can mix them.





I guarantee, you will never know the difference.
no, you can't mix different weights of oil or conventional with synthetic and still keep the properties that are needed to properly lubricate the engine.
If you are at the local parts store #1 can you mex them? Yes you can.


provided you have read the back of the bottle and it does not state.....friction reducing or energy conserving. your clutch will never be the same. motor oil that contacts the clutch can not do this obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment