Saturday, December 26, 2009

What kind of oil should I use in my motorcycle?

synthetic, dino, auto, MC, Diesel?


What brands are best?


What do you recomend?What kind of oil should I use in my motorcycle?
That depends on your motorcycle.





I recommend a decent quality motorcycle rated oil.What kind of oil should I use in my motorcycle?
That would depend upon what you are riding and how miles are on it, etc..... If you have over 15K miles, you might not want to switch to synthetic oils...they can cause problems with your clutch plates. And vice versa - if you are using synth, you dont want to go back to fossil oil.





I do what is easiest - I go to my local dealer and I buy Kawasaki oil. I figure if I have any issues, they will have to cover it under warranty because Im using their oil....
I use Castrol 10w40, or whatever I happen to have lying around. Seems to work okay. I don't take any special care of my motorcycle, and it's lasted about 83,000 miles. Next time it gives me any trouble, it's going on craigslist as a ';junker project bike.';
is it a inline 4 or a v twin. what do you prefer? i use full


syn in both my bikes. amsoil 10-40 for the gsxr and 20-50


for the harley. no problems.
Read the manual to get a factory recomendation. I use synthetic
largely depends on where you live... i lvie in ohio and since it doesnt get overly hot for long periods of time, i use 10w40 weight. I personally love Mobil1 racing 4T (equivalent to 10/40) if you live somewhere where it may get to be over 100 for long perids of time then i would recommend 20w50
  • soap opera
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment