Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How often you have your motorcycle change its engine oil?

What style of bike and what type of riding? Off-road I find myself doing an oil change every 15 - 25hrs riding. On road on my kwaka I'll change it much less often, maybe every 3 months( I do alot of km's). So as you can see, your ';vague'; question is gonna give you many different answers! Try to be more specific!





If it's your ';Daily Driver'; then changing it once a month wouldn't hurt! They are great little motors but work hard to push you along at the speed they do! It's a simple and quick job that can be done in under 5 minutes if your prepared and is only going to prolong your engine life!





If your not fussed then stick to the service manual. If you are a bit fussy like me then once a month will keep her ticking over nice. It's also easier to stay on top of maintenance etc because your looking at the ';working'; parts a bit more often!How often you have your motorcycle change its engine oil?
Now that is really wishful thinking. I only wish I could get my bike to change its own oil.





Get manual and follow instructions in it. Not sure of your exact model. Some bikes need changing as often as 1000 miles some as much as 10000, but with most every year even if you do not put on specified miles.How often you have your motorcycle change its engine oil?
Read the service section of your owners manual, its very clear as to the recommended service, oil type for whatever the make and model it is you own.
Double check your manual, there is usually a mileage or time recommendation for oil changes. There is also a recommended oil.


If they are suggesting 2 months I would guess 1500 - 2000 miles.
Actually I do it for my bike,every 5000km/3500miles with a OEM filter.I also adjust my chain and lube it as well as checking the battery posts.
I change mine every 5,000 miles or twice a year regardless of mileage if I dont put that many miles on.
Every 3 months as part of my insurance plan for always having it ready to go.
Whenever the manual tells me.
1500 miles
once in every 6months.
8000 miles using synthetic, or once a year


but! I change the oil filter every 4000 miles, then I add enough new oil to make up what I lost changing the oil filter.





on a new motorcycle I change the oil he first 500 miles using petroleum oil, then around 2000-2500 miles when I know the engine is fully broken in I change to a full synthetic oil


at 4000 miles I change the oil filter only


at 8000 miles, or once a year, I change the oil and the oil filter





NOTE: You guys have NO clue!~ changing your oil too often like every 2000-3000 miles will cause MORE harm to the engine, oil never wears out in a motorcycle, BUT oil filters DO!

No comments:

Post a Comment