Saturday, December 26, 2009

So who makes Honda's motorcycle oil filters?

Are other name brand filters like Fram the same thing?So who makes Honda's motorcycle oil filters?
Toyo RokiSo who makes Honda's motorcycle oil filters?
I used and K%26amp;N or Mobile 1 oil filters. the Mobile 1 ones are hard to find for me, but honestly i think there all the same, i mean all oil filters do the same thing, its not like your buying a turbo for your bike and debating whether to get a Garrett turbo or a GT housing. I ran on Laguna Seca with a Fram Filter nothing happen.
Factory oil filters are designed to allow proper oil pressure.Go to the dealer and save your wallet on a froze up engine by buying stock parts.
Aftermarket brand oil filters are not up to the quality standards of OEM (original equipment manufacturer).


Don't take the chance of engine damage, while trying to save a dollar.


Stock is best.
have heard of some goldwings that had


major problems with after market filters.


I had a 750 honda that had major problems,


like it locked up a cam because of oil problems


I blamed an aftermarket filter...
I'm going to disagree with the rest of these guys , and I'll tell you why . Filters do not know what vehicle they will go on ,and the same factory that makes Honda's filters also makes for others too, The filter that fits my bike (Kawasaki) is the same from a mid-sized Mazda , I can get my filter anywhere ,but I usually stick with Puralator because it's what I prefer . It cost me $5 for a better than factory filter (filtering wise) than the one from the dealer for $14. I do stay away from Fram as I believe they are crap IMO . And sorry I didn't answer your question but I believe it is a WIX filter Honda uses.

No comments:

Post a Comment