Tuesday, December 22, 2009

2004 Harley Davidson Road King Custom ----oil change???

Can anyone tell me what weight of oil to use in my 2004 HD Road King Custom (FLHRSI)? And how many quarts my bike takes?2004 Harley Davidson Road King Custom ----oil change???
10-40w... should be around 4 - 4.5 quarts. If you're in west central florida I'll do it for you :-)2004 Harley Davidson Road King Custom ----oil change???
I would hope your owner's manual would tell what grade %26amp; how much oil to use. It will be different if your not changing out your filter.....all though I don't know why people don't change their filter out for a new one. Are you using regular dino oil or synthetic? How many miles on the bike?
is the bike factory 88 inch motor? if so run 20w50 oil and it will hold 3 qts. i run ansoil 20w50 synthaic oil in my motor ,trans and primary its good for 16,000 miles one oil for all three its simple it cost about $8.00 to $10.00 a qt. but its worth every penny
This is for everone that reads this.


Anyone attempting to work on their own bike should own a shop manual. Why trust answers you get from strangers on message boards. With a shop manual, the correct repair procedures and specs are right in front of you. You've invested so much time and money on your precious machine, $40 is well worth the investment.


http://www.motocom.com/motorcycles/
Most likely it will take 4 quarts or so and they have Genuine H-D oil if you feel comfortable using that
don know


check owner's manual


wow u can ride a 550 lb bike?
3.5 q of 20w 50w... Royal Purple is the best Synthetic on the market ..it will lower your engine temperature by 20 degrees...
I have a 2002 FLHT. The shop manual says 3.5 quarts of 20W50. I always end up using 4 qts. before I get the right reading on the dipstick. Don't forget about the primary and the tranny fluids too.


If you're going to work on your own bike, I strongly suggest you spend the $60 for a shop manual. It's worth it.
use 20w 50 in your road king I believe it is three quarts, put in two and check tip stick
3 - 3.5 quarts, use 20-50 if you're riding in temps. under 80 degrees and 60wt in temps over 80. I ride California , Arizona, Nevada and New Mexico so when April hits the 20-50 comes out and 60 goes in.
  • soap opera
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment