Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Is changing my motorcycle oil every 2000 miles too much if I mainly do short trips under 24 miles round trip?

You're right in the ballpark. Actually, many short runs necessitates oil changes sooner than does long runs because of condensation of moisture and dilution of the oil by gasoline that condenses on the cylinder walls.Is changing my motorcycle oil every 2000 miles too much if I mainly do short trips under 24 miles round trip?
Your doing it right!


Mine is 2500 miles (and this is with an actual filter).


Short trips, dusty conditions, etc should be done more often.


You CAN'T change your oil too much. It's cheap insurance!Is changing my motorcycle oil every 2000 miles too much if I mainly do short trips under 24 miles round trip?
Well... you can never change your oil ';too much';. If you feel comfortable doing it everyday, more power to you.
Sounds about the ideal mileage between oil changes for your style of riding.
I agree. No such thing as doing too much maintainence to a bike. Racers change their oil after every run.

No comments:

Post a Comment