Saturday, December 26, 2009

My YZF 600r oil light is on and my motorcycle lacks speed?

It's a 97'. This is after an oil change. Did I put the wrong oil in and where do I go from here? Thanks for the replies.My YZF 600r oil light is on and my motorcycle lacks speed?
You put TWO GRADES of oil in at the same time? You mixed them? Was one a gear oil by any chance?





If so, DRAIN the oil. Go down to your local dealership and purchase some good quality motorcycle-specific oil. Get enough of the same oil to finish the job.





Also purchase a new oil filter.





Make sure the other oil is completely drained (follow procedures as shown in your owners manual - many times it requires draining from more than one location). Replace the filter, and re-fill to proper level with the correct oil.My YZF 600r oil light is on and my motorcycle lacks speed?
well it is like this u better go and drain the oil out and put 10-40 because the 10-50 is like glue to the engine it will slow the piston down where the oil is so thick but if u do not drain the oil out it willo blow the engine because when u drain the oil out of the engine it will be thick and black but if u love your bike u better drain the oil and out 10 -40 in it
could eb the wrong oil type, or the oil pump is clogged.
Check your oil level.

No comments:

Post a Comment