Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How do i remove excess oil from my motorcycle?

i just change my oil on my sportbike and poured in too much oil. Can you tell me how to remove the excess beside going to a dealer?How do i remove excess oil from my motorcycle?
The oil tank should have a drain plug. If you know how much extra you put in, just drain that much out. If not, drain the whole engine again into a clean container and then add the oil back in.How do i remove excess oil from my motorcycle?
Turkey baster,looks like a big eye dropper. or siphon a little out with a hose,tip the bike,on its side,or take it over in the neighbors yard and start it up with the cap off? Really what ever works for you. Make sure you do it though.
Tip the bike on it's side and let a bit drain out of the fill hole. That is what they do at the dealer. Or drain it into a clean container and refill it.
Look for a Turkey baster - it works best :) If you cannot find one just get a long transparent hose and suck some out...
u can dri the oil again in a clean bucket not all of it just some then put back what u need
siphone some out with a small very clean tube.
  • soap opera
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment