Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How do I check the oil in my Motorcycle?

I bought a used 96 Vulcan 800 in mint condition. I have had motorcycles in the past. They always had a view window that showed how much motor oil was in the crank case. Or they had a dip stick. This Vulcan has neither. It only has a chrome cap in the top of the crankcase on the right side that scews off with a flat screwdriver, but no way for me to know if it needs oil if it is low or too much or what. How can I tell when to add oil? Or when I am filling it how to know when it has enough? Please help me to find out if My Vulcan needs me to put some motor oil in her...because if she is low I want to add some....but I am afraid to add some without knowing if she is low because I dont want to overfill her. Thank you Your answer willbe greatly appreciated. PerryHow do I check the oil in my Motorcycle?
Either check the owner's manual, or take it to the shop and have them show you how to do basic owner's maintenance like this.





Congratulations on the bike, and I hope you get many happy miles out of it. Basic maintenance is the first step to doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment