Saturday, December 26, 2009

What kind of oil should I use in my motorcycle?

I recently purchased a 1986 Yamaha Virago and it's time for an oil change. Any advice on what kind of oil, oil filter and air filter I should get would be especially helpful. Thanks in advance!What kind of oil should I use in my motorcycle?
motorcycle oil 10-40What kind of oil should I use in my motorcycle?
Use a 10-40 grade motorcycle specific oil such as Castrol. I would stay away from the synthetics with the older motorcycles.





Go to your Yamaha motorcycle shop and buy a Yamaha oil filter and air filter. They will fit better and work better than aftermarket. You can also buy the oil from your motorcycle dealer, though it will cost a bit more.
Use the grade suggested by the maker.I like synthetic oil better.It costs more but lasts twice as long as crude oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment