Saturday, December 26, 2009

I Changed The Oil In My Motorcycle And Now It Wants To Smoke Any Ideas?

Hi Just wondering if anyone might know the problem with my motorcycle, it seems that the oil indicator does'nt work but i changed the oil anyway, but now it wants to smoke Please helpI Changed The Oil In My Motorcycle And Now It Wants To Smoke Any Ideas?
Too much oil.I Changed The Oil In My Motorcycle And Now It Wants To Smoke Any Ideas?
So the oil indicator idiot light does not work, change the bulb not the oil, and or possibly change the oil pressure sending switch (test it first to see if it is bad per the shop manual).





so you changed the oil and now the bike smokes-did you put too much in? Where is it smoking from-exhaust pipe, or did you spill some on the engine and it is burning off? ?Since you did not say what bike, year make and model you have it is impossible to say just how much oil is needed but it will be between 2.5 quarts and 3.5 quarts
Did you use ';motorcycle oil';?





Is the smoke coming out of the exhaust or is it possible you have an oil leak and the oil is smoking off the exhaust or motor?





I'd check the oil level as you may have put too much.





One time I put in some cheap oil that said it was for ';motorcycles'; from the auto parts place. My bike definitely ran funky on it. Switched back to the Honda branded oil and the funkiness went away. Just my 2 cents.
What kind of oil did you put in it? Non Detergent oil will cause it to smoke, at least it did when I used it in my riding lawn mower. Just a thought.





Edit: to the guy below me, WHITE SMOKE isn't oil. BLUE SMOKE is oil. Overfilling is most likely the cause of your problem. NON DETERGENT oil WILL MAKE IT SMOKE ALSO.
The guy above is right, you over filled the oil. The excess oil is blowing into the air intake that is why you get the white smoke.
I agree with everyone else to much oil. If that don't work try a nicotine patch

No comments:

Post a Comment