Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Royal Purple Max-Cycle Synthetic Motorcycle Oil or Pro Honda GN4 Oil?

I am getting ready to do my first oil change (600 miles) on my new Honda 750 Shadow Spirit. Which oil is best for my bike, the Synthetic Oil or Dino Oil? Will the synthetic harm the clutch?Royal Purple Max-Cycle Synthetic Motorcycle Oil or Pro Honda GN4 Oil?
Synth is best. It won't harm the clutch at all, at all. Change the oil frequently (every 3,000 miles or every three months) and you will enjoy long engine life.Royal Purple Max-Cycle Synthetic Motorcycle Oil or Pro Honda GN4 Oil?
Like they all said, use the syn. Know any one with a 750 shadow 01-02 that needs a jet kit? Put a Vance %26amp; Hines set of pipes on yours, they sound bad ***.
I use royal purple in all my bikes and cars, no clutch problems.


Have run RP in my wifes 750 shadow aero for 10000 miles-no probs.
Royal Purple wont hurt it at all. And its better than regular oil
Synthetic clings to parts in between start-ups and is resistant to the wet clutch shearing the the molecules.





I have used Mobil 1 synthetic (gold cap) in a large Honda cruiser for most of 148,000 miles.





The important thing is to change oil regularly at least by 5,000 miles, ideally at 3,000.
use the royal purple or switch to Amsoil. both are fine products, but they recommend to get at least 1000 miles first.

No comments:

Post a Comment