Saturday, December 26, 2009

What type of oil do I use in my Triumph Motorcycle?

It is a 1972 Triumph Daytona 500. There is a small tank of oil under the seat and some i have to drain from the bottom of the engine too. Could someone explain the purpose and grade of oil to use in the tank under the seat and the amount and grade oil that goes in the crankcase? Thanks.What type of oil do I use in my Triumph Motorcycle?
Standard 1040What type of oil do I use in my Triumph Motorcycle?
Use either 10w/40 or 20w/50, depending on the ambient temperature where you ride.


The oil ONLY goes into the tank under the seat.


These engines are a ';dry sump'; engine, meaning that the crankcase will mostly be dry of oil. There will be some residual oil in the crank, as some will seep past the check valve behind the oil pump to collect in the crankcase.


If you're going to work on this bike, you NEED a shop manual!
Any kind of Motorcycle oil will work
motorcycle oil

No comments:

Post a Comment