Friday, December 18, 2009

What motorcycle oil do you prefer?

have a vstar 650 custom, don't want to use yamalube,thinking about amsoil or mobil-1. what do you think?What motorcycle oil do you prefer?
Castrol, 20w50 synthetic.





Yamaha, Honda, Harley, Kawaski, not one makes their own oil. It's made for them, then they put it in their bottles and charge you for the name.What motorcycle oil do you prefer?
I just changed my oil today from Amsoil to Mobil 1 mxt4. Couple of bucks cheaper and should work just fine.
I've used Shell Rotella T on my last bike, and will probably use it on my current one too. While not officially meant to be a motorcycle oil, it does everything a bike oil will do for considerably less.





If you want top of the line oil, Mobile 1 seems to do the best on almost every independant test I've seen.
Based on the article in the link below, I put AMSOIL 10W40 synthethic in my V Star 1100. Never tried Mobil-1 but I have heard its good too. If you change your oil yearly or every 5000 mi (whichever comes first) you'll probably never see a difference between the two.
Funny. Yamaha chooses Yamalube to be the best for their bikes, yet everybody wants to second-guess the engineers. You spend thousands of dollars on a motorcycle, then try to save three bucks on an oil change that you do -- how often? Do you really follow the recommendations?





So, you save like 1/10 cent per mile, and you use oil the manufacturer does not recommend. Why is it that people just won't support their local dealers?
any synthetic
i use motul in all my bikes with no problems.
mobil 1 is best because its a good quality oil and it has less break down
Repsol, Motul, and Sikolene are the best. Hence their famous international reputation. Great lower priced oils are Mobil 1 and Spectro synthetics.

No comments:

Post a Comment