Friday, December 18, 2009

Motorcycle oil?

I have a 1986 honda shadow VT 750, what's the best oil to use for my bike??Motorcycle oil?
v-twin 20-50 change every 2000 milesMotorcycle oil?
I'll have to agree with rhand on the rottella oil , its all I run.also I like the pure one filter.
CHECK YOUR OWNERS MANUAL.......
Had the same vintage, used 10w40. Thats also the oil Honda recommends. You can use 20w 50 if your starting to have higher oil consumption.
i use motul in all my bikes and have not had a problem yet,costs a bit more but cheaper than a engine rebuild.
extra virgin olive oil, with apologies to Rachel Ray.
Ya get what ya pay for..dont buy cheap..





any good quality oil for 4 strokes is fine..(even car oil)





I use a multi grade shell oil..FJ 1100 Yamaha.. 100,000 miles %26amp; still running fine..





change it as often as the bike maker reccomends or sooner if you treat the bike a bit harder than normal or ride at high speeds for extended periods..
I have always used whatever oil wal mart had for sale for my bikes with no problems.





My 1997 Suzuki Marauder 800 has had nothing but Wal Mart 10W-40 for the last 10 years and 44,000 miles. It doesn't burn a drop. No smoke at all. Just change it often.





Make sure the API rating on back is SL or better, you'll be fine.





DON'T USE ROTELLA or other diesel engine oils!


Those are GREAT oil for engine use only - but they have additives that will make your clutch start to slip over time (prematurely)
put a little bit of each type on the tip of finger and see which one tastes the best... Sorry just kidding. But when in doubt i like to use rotella 15w-40 i've never has an engine give a problem while running it even if it called for a different weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment