Friday, December 18, 2009

How much oil do I put in my 07 road king? I heard just over 3 quarts.?

Its 3.5 qts (3.3L),...Using any (motorcycle) oil of your choice including synthetic.


Do not listen to the poster whose avatar rhymes with fart. He does not even have a bike, jumps at every query involving Harley Davidson in order to confound and contravene the issue and holds no credibility in this or any other community.....





(edit) Dani is right as rain,... if you have a bike bought in the U.K. I'm unaware of any differences, but the U.S bikes take 3.5..How much oil do I put in my 07 road king? I heard just over 3 quarts.?
The actual oil capacity is 3.8 liters which = 4.0 quarts, if you change the oil filter. If for some reason you choose not to change the filter, you can subtract about 1/2 qt from the capacity.





Here's where you can download the full specs for your bike:


http://www.robinhoodharleydavidson.co.uk鈥?/a>How much oil do I put in my 07 road king? I heard just over 3 quarts.?
All I know is that I own a Nighster and the manual says 4, and I put in 4 and it was WAY too much and I had to drain some out. I would add with discretion and keep checking the dipstick, then get it hot and see if you're ok.
My Ultra takes 4 quarts with the 88 twin cam. I would add the three and then use the dipstick, but I am sure you will need 4.
its 4 quarts, but whats more important is you MUST use Genuine Harley Davidson Motor Oil, I don't want to hear about how wonderful synthetic oil is!





( Real Bikers DON'T buy oil at Wal Mart)

No comments:

Post a Comment