Friday, December 18, 2009

Is CASTROL the best motorcycle oil for my four stroke engine motor bike?

I noticed that my bike's engine emits more heat when i changed oil to Castrol.Is CASTROL the best motorcycle oil for my four stroke engine motor bike?
The best oil for any bike is the manufactures oil. Honda-lube or Yama-lube or whatever. Other brands can work perfectly fine %26amp; are at your discretion.





Oil disperses over 60% of your engine heat. If your bike is running hot after a change. I don't think it's the brand, check your level. I think you may be a low, You could need an extra qt if you have an after market oil cooler.Is CASTROL the best motorcycle oil for my four stroke engine motor bike?
Go with Ansoil or Bel-Ray. Check out Cycle Gear on line.....
Use the manufacturers recommended oil for your bike.
Well I think Castrol is a good oil. Same as many other ';good'; oils out there. However, if you noticed your engine running hotter then that IS NOT a good thing. (If it's emitting more heat then it's producing more heat)





I've changed to a synthetic oil and noticed a difference in that my engine runs cooler and shifts smoother. Amsoil and Mobil 1 are both very good synthetics and rank 1 and 2 respectively on independent testing for viscosity retention and other factors.
The last big comparison I looked at. Premium car oil, special bike oil, synthetic oil....Synthetic came out head and shoulders above the rest. I'm running Mobil 1.
You could do better, Torco, Kendall, Redline as a couple of options.
Amsoil is the best


www.amsoil.com
If the oil is more viscous it may emit more heat because there will be more heat generated in the more viscous oil film. also higher viscosity oil circulates more slowly carrying away heat slower and hence at a higher temp. use the viscosity recommended by the bike mfr.


i would like to nominate Motul as one of the best oils for bikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment