Thursday, January 7, 2010

How often should I change the oil in my 92 nighthawk 750 motorcycle?

A good rule is every 500 miles per cylinder. 4 cylinders is every 2000 miles. But since you have an oil filter 3000 should work. If you don't like to change the oil to often use the synthetic stuff. If the bike is burning a little stay with the regular stuff. I always use Castrol in my truck and Bel-Ray in my bikes. Both are synthetic. By the way, change the filter every time you change the oil or at least every other time you change the oil as a minimum.How often should I change the oil in my 92 nighthawk 750 motorcycle?
Change oil and filter every 3-4 thousand miles. Use a good quality oil that's formulated for motorcycle engines. If you use synthetic motor oil, like Mobil-1, then you can stretch out your oil changes to 5-6 thousand miles.How often should I change the oil in my 92 nighthawk 750 motorcycle?
I had an 1978 750F Super Sport for 10 years.I changed the oil every 3 thousand miles, along with the filter.I used Castrol 10w40 the whole time I owned it and she had 87,000 miles on her and the engine was never touched except for valve adjustments which I did every year.I kicked myself for selling her but I needed the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment