Thursday, January 7, 2010

How much oil do I need when changing oil on a custom 750 Honda motorcycle? What's the best oil to use?

If it's a standard Honda 750 in-line 4 cyl engine, it should take about 3.8 quarts of oil. It would help to know what year the bike is.


As far as oil is concerned, I'd use Amsoil 10w 40 Motorcycle oil.


http://www.amsoil.com/How much oil do I need when changing oil on a custom 750 Honda motorcycle? What's the best oil to use?
The exact number depends on which model, but I've owned three Hondas from 500 to 1000 ccs, and they all took between four and five quarts at oil and filter change.





My favorite oil for Hondas is Mobile1 20W-50 Extended Performance. I change once a year at the end of the riding season.





Just don't use any oil that is ';Energy Conserving.'; Such oils contain ';moly,'; which is rumored to adhere to wet clutches and make them slip, although there is some debate on that.How much oil do I need when changing oil on a custom 750 Honda motorcycle? What's the best oil to use?
quantity depends on the model but I'd say any good quality 10w/40 oil would be fine.
Buy 4 quarts.


It takes more than 3 and less than 4


Any brand name motor oil is fine.


10w 40 in cold weather.


20w 50 in warm weather.
If it's an early SOHC 750, that would depend on the oil tank size.
';Read the Manual, Luke.';
  • soap opera
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment