Thursday, January 7, 2010

How do you change your motorcycle oil?

I go for a ride and get it all warm.


I put a pan underneath and pull the plugs from the trans and oil tank.


When they're done dripping, I put the plugs back.


Then I pull the plug from the primary, and remove the derby cover.


When that's done dripping, the plug goes back in.


I remove the old oil filter and replace it with a new one.


I put a quart in the primary and replace the derby cover.


I drop a quart in the tranny.


3 quarts in the oil tank.


Dump the used oil in the storage container.


I then call it good and go for another spin.





Who needs ';people';?


I get TWO excuses to go far a ride.


As if I needed any.How do you change your motorcycle oil?
I usually do it just after I've ridden it so the oil is hot. I park and wait about 15 minutes then remove the drain bolt and drain the oil into the pan being careful not to burn my hand. When it quits draining I replace the bolt.


I remove the filter over a drip pan and replace it.





Then I open the crankcase vent tube, or ';drool tube'; and drain that into the pan..How do you change your motorcycle oil?
Run it for 3-5 minutes in order to let the oil drain faster.





-Take of the oil drain plug on the bottom of the oil tank.


-Take off the oil filter.


-Put on a new oil filter.


-Put the oil plug back in.


-Add oil.








Your User's Manual should have step by step instructions (with pictures) on how to do this yourself.
I don't change it myself.





I got people.





Those people are mechanics at a Kawasaki dealer who change my oil for $30.
Take it to the mechanic!
I don't. I have people for that.
  • How do you add message boards to a website
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment